Friday, September 2, 2016

Introduction Questions

What is your computer experience?
I use my laptop at home for basic web browsing, as well as uploading photos, and editing them. I have previous gaming experience from simple games such as Spider Solitaire, to creating complex worlds in The Sims.
What is your experience with Photoshop and Illustrator?
I had a brief stint as a Graphic Design minor at Centenary College of New Jersey in 2009, as well as a major at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh (online program) in 2010.
Do you have a computer at home? If so dose it have Photoshop and Illustrator?
I do have a laptop at home, but it does not have Photoshop or Illustrator at this time. I will be purchasing them before next class.
What is your major ?
I am majoring in Web Design and Development, with the intent to graduate from Camden County College with an Associate's Degree. 
What do you hope to get out of this class?
I hope to get a gauge of my graphic design abilities, gain a working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, and create a portfolio that I am proud of for the start of my career in this field.Who is your favorite artist?
It's hard to say who my favorite artist is, as there are so many mediums to choose from. I am a fan of weird and differently thought out takes on normal things, such as abstract or surreal art. Going off of this, my favorite classic artist would have to be Salvador Dali, though I do also favor VanGogh's "Starry Night" piece. As far as modern artists, I thoroughly enjoy Tim Burton's work in movies such as "The Nightmare Before Christmas", as well as his pen-to-paper work.
Who is your favorite musician?
My favorite song is "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. While I cannot say I have an absolute favorite musician, I can break it down a bit. My favorite drummer is Dave Grohl. My favorite singer would probably be Justin Timberlake.Tell me something interesting about yourself?
I was an only child until I was 19 and my little sister Julia was born. She looks nothing like me, because she is only my half-sister biologically, but she is my little minion and my biggest supporter.Write a five line story?
I adopted a dog last May. Her name is Scarlet, like the color, not Johannsen. She's a mutt, and a misfit, like me. She's half pug, half raptor. I call her a raptor, because, while it doesn't happen often, but when she is unhappy, she belts out a sound I can only compare to that of a raptor. She was returned to a pug rescue in Austin, TX, because she defended herself against a dog who had spent almost an entire year bullying her with no intervention. She rescued me. Post an image on the blog.
This is Scarlet :).

No comments:

Post a Comment