Thursday, September 29, 2016

Non-Functional Item and Functional Item Project #1

        For my non-functional item, I have chosen to create heels for dogs. Heels are a challenge for women, who stand upright, to walk in without help. I speak from experience, here. I have spent time before a a fancy occassion practicing walking in heels. The last wedding I attended, I had to lean on my boyfriend to walk without falling on my face. Dogs may look adorable with accessories such as sweaters and snow booties, but those are comfortable for the dog.. most of the time. I have seen dogs walk like they had gum on the bottom of their paws with just the flat-based booties. Putting heels on a dog guarantees them feeling unhappy, unbalanced, and unsafe.

        For my functional item, I have created a dog tag that has a GPS tracker embedded inside. There is a chip already created that is embedded inside dogs themselves that contains the owner's contact information and address, but one cannot locate the dog. The chip only gives information to read once the dog has been found. The dog tag I created acts as a sort of low-jack for your pup. If they run off to play with their furry friends, or if some awful person steals them, you can track them down by using Google Maps so they are safe.


1 comment: